Terms and Conditions
RE/MAX Realty Group
Rental Booking Terms and Conditions; your rental booking is not confirmed until rental booking and deposit payment are received and accepted by RE/MAX Realty Group.
It is mutually agreed and acknowledged by the parties to this agreement that:
1) Weekly Lodging Agreement must be signed by Guest identified on the contract and returned to Agent within fourteen (14) days from the date hereof or Agent reserves the right to cancel agreement.
2) Person signing agreement must be the person checking in, or Agent has the right to refuse occupancy and treat this reservation as a cancellation and retain the deposit. The guest must occupy the property during the entire rental period and shall be responsible for all occupants on the premises. The occupancy shall not exceed the “maximum occupancy.” It is RE/MAX Realty’s policy to rent only to tenants where the lease signer is 25 years of age or older, will occupy the property throughout the term of the lease, and supervise the people occupying the home.
3)Payment Policy:50% down and received within 14 days of receipt of contract and the remaining balance due 60 days prior to check in. If your reservation is within the 60 day time frame, payment is due in full. If you are checking in last minute payment must be made with certified funds or credit card only. We accept most forms of payments, there is a 2.19% fee for using a credit card; sorry no AMEX. Any returned checks will be subject to a $30.00 non-sufficient fund fee. All checks should be made out to RE/MAX Realty Group. Some homeowners require a credit card on file for incidentals. This credit card will be charged for any damages outside of the $3000.00 insurance policy. Your credit card will be kept on file for 60 days.
4) Check In & Check Out Policy: Check in location is 323 Rehoboth Ave, #C, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 and check in hours are 3:00-5:00PM. Early check in must be arranged in advance with your Agent. Our office hours are Mon-Sat 9-5 and Sun 9-3, if you are checking in late arrangements must be made in advance. Full payment is required before checking in. Guests are required to report any damages, cleaning concerns, and/or discrepancies with the property to your Agent within 24hrs. Check out is 10:00AM, no exceptions unless arrangements have been made with your Agent. Guests are responsible to return all keys, parking passes, pool passes, etc. at the check in office. There is a drop box located by the front door for early check outs. Please refer to the check out checklist for check out cleaning procedures. Each property has their own unique set of rules for checking out; please refer to the check out check list your Agent has provided. There is a $100.00 late check out fee and $50.00 fee for the not returning any pool/parking/keys.
5) Errors: Every effort has been made to ensure all descriptions are accurate; however, RE/MAX Realty Group is not responsible for changes in furnishings, bed covering, printing errors, and/or equipment failures.
6) Refunds: Refunds will not be giving due to equipment failure, changes in furnishing, printing errors, etc. Only in extraordinary circumstances will a refund be granted and the homeowner must approve the refund.
7) Occupancy: The property owner in accordance with county health department regulations sets occupancy limits. We must ask you to restrict your family to the capacity stated in description. “Sleeps 12” means that there are beds to sleep 12 people; this includes pull out sofa beds, convertible rollaway beds, etc. We will make allowances for infants (12 months & under). Overcrowding, group occupancy, misrepresentation, and subletting are grounds for immediate eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
8) Linens: Rental properties are furnished with mattress pads, 2 pillows, and bed spreads. However, you are responsible for renting or bringing your own bed linens, dish towels, dish clothes, bath linens. Alternatively, if you would like us to arrange a rental service for your linens please let us know. In addition to linens you will need to bring your paper products, cleaning items, etc. (Refer to your things to bring form your Agent)
9) Furnishings and Equipment: Rearrangement of furniture is prohibited. There will be a charge for $150.00 if furniture is moved and not returned to its proper location. All equipment should be in working in order, but upon check in you should report all inoperable equipment. All efforts will be made to expedite repairs through the owner and/or their service providers. No refunds will be made except under extraordinary circumstances. All rental properties are furnished with basic housekeeping items, dishes, cookware, flatware, pots & pans, small appliances, etc. Check with your Agent about specific items. Telephone services if provided in your rental home are blocked for long distance use. Majority of our rental homes are equipped with Wi Fi or dial up internet services; please check with your Agent.
10) Relocation: If your rental property becomes uninhabitable, every attempt will be made to relocate you into suitable property, but availability of a suitable rental property can not be guaranteed. In such event, RE/MAX Realty Group reserves the right to cancel the reservation and make full refund to the guests.
11)Right to Evict: Our rental properties offered for rent by RE/MAX Realty Group are privately owned and are rented on behalf of the property owner which we received compensation, subject to the provisions herin. The first priority of RE/MAX Realty Group is to protect the property of our owners and preserve the peace in our community. Therefore, RE/MAX Realty Group reserves the right to evict any and all guests when in the Agent’s sole discretion the guests are damaging the property or engaging in unacceptable behavior. In such cases, no rent monies will be refunded.
12) Cleaning: All rental properties are inspected by the property owner/assigned cleaning crew before your occupancy. You are not required to clean the unit when you vacate, however you are required to:
- Empty and remove all trash from home; trash cans put out for pick up of applicable
- Make the beds
- Dishes and kitchen equipment are to be left clean and returned in the appropriate areas
- Refrigerator wiped out and all items removed
- Quick vacuum
Your Agent will provide you a check out check list when booking your reservation.
13) Pets/Smoking: Due to the prevalence of allergies, most of our properties do not permit animals in or on the premises. A few rentals properties are pet friendly; these properties require a non-refundable pet fee. The dollar amount may vary depending on the property and pet description. Smoking is not permitted in our rental properties; please smoke in designated areas. Violation of this policy are grounds for immediate eviction and forfeiture of all monies.
14)Travel Insurance/Security Deposit Protection Plan: The rental booking includes an insurance premium for security deposit protection plan for the rate of $60.00 and that insures you for unintentional damages you or your guests may cause to the rental property during your stay, provided that such damage was reported to your Agent prior top check out. The guest(s) will be responsible for any damages above the policy limit, and for any damages not covered by SDPP. We understand that accidents happen so please report to your Agent immediately and we will handle the full process on your behalf. Full details of the SDPP are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy, and can be found online at www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/10sdi. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize CSA Travel Protection and Insurance to pay directly to RE/MAX Realty Group, any amounts payable under the terms and conditions of the SDPP through CSA. RE/MAX Realty then will reimburse the homeowner.
_______ I do want travel insurance through CSA at the rate of 6.95% of my total reservation.
_______ I do not want travel insurance through CSA and understand that I will not be covered for the cancellation of my rental agreement.
15) Cancellation Policy: Travel insurance is strongly encouraged. If you decline travel insurance and you want to cancel for any reason we must re-book the same week at the same rate and you will receive a 15% penalty fee for canceling your reservation. If the rental property is not re-booked you are responsible for the full balance of your reservation.
16) Reservation Requests for the Following Season: If you want to reserve for the following season, we strongly encourage you to do so at check out or during your stay. All rental requests are accepted on a “first come, first serve” basis. It is in your best interest to secure this rental property as early as possible. Our rental staff is here to assist you in any way we can and offer superior customer service. Check out our website, stop by, or call we will do our best to accommodate you.
17)Waiver of Liability/Indemnification: You understand there are risks associated in using special amenities/property features; for example, hot tubs, pools, staircases, decks, patios, etc. In particular, you understand that there are potential dangers that these special amenities/property features may present to some guests who are not carefully supervised or with health risks or while under controlled substances; for example, prescription drugs, intoxication, or pregnancy. Please note children must be supervised at all times while in the pool/hot tub. Please consult with your physician if you are elderly or pregnant before entering a hot tub. As the Leaseholder, you agree to indemnify the homeowner and RE/MAX Realty Group for any injury or illness caused by any of the amenities/special features the home may offer and you have explained the risks of using any of these amenities/special features to guests residing in the home during your stay. 18) Pool Passes/Parking Passes/Club House/Tennis Passes: Each property is equipped with different amenities and most of these amenities require passes. When check in we request a check made out to: RE/MAX Realty Group in the amount to replace these passes if lost or stolen. The dollar amount will vary depending on what amenities are offered. Your check will be returned to you when all the passes are returned at check out. Please consult with your Rental Agent for the dollar amount on your particular rental property.
19) Sales: Please send me information on purchasing a home in Delaware.