Terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions/Rental Agreement
In Consideration of the rent received and the mutual promises herein, the owner of the subject property, through RE/MAX Realty Group, his Agent, does hereby lease and rent to Guest that certain property described above and under the following terms and conditions.
1) RENTAL AGREEMENT: In addition to the terms and conditions you acknowledged during your check out process through RE/MAX Realty Group website, we require you to e-sign/sign our RE/MAX Realty Group- Rental Agreement within 7 days from the date of this agreement or the RE/MAX Realty Group reserves the right to cancel the agreement. Guest signing the agreement must be the person checking in with valid identification. If not, your agent has the right to refuse occupancy, treat this reservation as a cancellation, and retain the deposit. The Guest must occupy the property during the entire rental period and shall be responsible for all occupants on the premises. If the contract is unsigned, but a payment was made and received by RE/MAX Realty Group from Guests, this holds the same effect as if the contract was signed. RE/MAX Realty Group reserves the right to cancel your reservation and make the contract void for any reason.
2)PAYMENT: Your 50% payment on the room rent and fees is due immediately, and the credit card on file has been charged. The remaining room rent, fees, and 100% of the security deposit are due 30-days before check-in. If your reservation is within 30 days of the check-in date, payment is due in full. Please note that the 3.8% credit card fee is non-refundable. If you need to change the credit card on file, please call RE/MAX Realty Group at 302.227.1800 within 15 days before your final balance is due.
3)CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT POLICY: If you check-in at the office, we are located at 317 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE. Check-in is 3 p.m., and check-out is 10 a.m. Your check-in instructions will be emailed to you 7 days before arrival. Guests are required to report any damages, cleaning concerns, and/or discrepancies with the property to your agent within 24 hours of check-in. Check out is 10 a.m.- no exceptions- and you are responsible for returning all keys, parking passes, pool passes, etc., to the check-in location. There is a drop-box located at the rear of our RE/MAX building for late check-ins and early check-outs. Please refer to your check-out checklist before departing, and you are responsible for leaving the rental property in the condition you found it. A welcome binder will be posted at the rental property with property-specific instructions. Keys are not available before 3 p.m., so please do not park at the rental property before 3 p.m. due to limited parking and the potential to interfere with the access to the cleaning and maintenance staff. RE/MAX Realty Group is not responsible for lost or stolen items during your occupancy. If you left things at the rental property, we will do our best to retrieve those items, but RE/MAX Realty Group is not responsible for lost items or stolen items.
4) PROPERTY INFORMATION: Every effort has been made to assure the information provided is accurate; however, RE/MAX Realty Group is not responsible for changes in furnishings, bed covering, printing errors, and/or equipment failures. Each rental property will be furnished with essential housekeeping items, dishes, cookware, flatware, pots and pans, small appliances, etc. Most pools and amenities are open from Memorial Day through Labor Day. These amenities are closed periodically without notice for necessary maintenance and repairs. Although we do our best not to inconvenience guests, there will not be any compensation for non-scheduled closings.
5) REFUNDS: Every effort has been made to ensure that all equipment functions correctly. If maintenance is necessary, RE/MAX Realty Group will make every effort to correct any problem in a timely manner. Refunds will not be given due to equipment failure, changes in furnishing, printing errors, cleaning issues, etc. In extraordinary circumstances, refunds are at the discretion of the owner.
6) OCCUPANCY: Occupancy limits are set based on Town, County, and State statutes or laws. The capacity cannot exceed what's listed in the advertisement and listed in the RE/MAX Realty Group agreement. We will allow infants (2 years of age and under). Overcrowding, group occupancy, misrepresentation, and subletting are grounds for immediate eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
7) LINENS: Most of our rental properties DO NOT supply linens. Linen packages are available for rent with RE/MAX Realty Group. The linen package includes fitted sheets, flat sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, washcloths, and hand towels. You will receive linens and bath sets to accommodate the occupancy allowed for that property. If the occupancy number permits additional sleeping areas such as futons, sleep sofa, etc., your linen package will include that bedding. Your linen rental package will be delivered to the rental property before 6 p.m. on the day of check-in. Due to unforeseen circumstances, sometimes they arrive later than 6 p.m. Please make sure to follow the directions for linen pickup at the end of your visit. Linens left on the bed or soiled linens left inside the rental property will be charged a lock-in fee of $50.00. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at 302-227-1800. Cancellation- you must cancel your linen package at least eight (14) days before check-in.
8) FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT: Rearrangement of furniture is prohibited. There will be a charge of $150.00 if the furniture is moved and not returned to its proper location. All equipment should be in working order, but you should report any inoperable equipment upon arrival. All efforts will be made to expedite repairs through the owner and/or service providers. All rental properties are furnished with essential housekeeping items, dishes, cookware, flatware, pots and pans, small appliances, etc. Check with your agent if you have concerns about specific items.
9) RELOCATION: If your rental property becomes uninhabitable, every attempt to relocate you into a suitable property; however, this is not guaranteed. RE/MAX Realty Group reserves the right to cancel any reservation and make a full refund to the guests when necessary. There are no refunds for "ACTS OF NATURE" such as hurricanes, etc. It is strongly recommended that you purchase Travel Insurance.
10) RIGHT TO EVICT: All rental properties offered by RE/MAX Realty Group are privately owned, and we rent them on behalf of the property owner. While our goal is to help ensure that you have a good experience on your vacation, please keep in mind that we must also assure that all Property Owners are protected and that peace is maintained in all the communities. RE/MAX Realty Group reserves the right to evict all Guests at the agent's sole discretion without refunds.
High-Risk/Special Events- These rental types include beach week for high school graduating seniors, college graduations, bachelor/bachelorette parties, college reunions, large groups (unrelated), etc. If you booked a high-risk rental, we require you to call the office and discuss your event with an agent. An agent will approve the reservation and go over needed additional information, such as an addendum to the weekly agreement and the required security deposit. Suppose you rented this property under false pretense and later found that the rental is indeed high risk. In that case, your weekly rental agreement will be terminated immediately, and all monies paid will be forfeited unless the premises can be re-rented. Tenant understands this lease is not governed by the Delaware Landlord-Tenant Code and can be terminated immediately.
11) CLEANING: All rental properties are inspected by the property owner/assigned cleaning crew before and after your occupancy. You are required to clean up after yourselves when vacating the rental property. Failure to do so may result in an extra cleaning fee and be charged directly to the payment information on file. A checklist will be provided at the rental property for your check-out instructions. Cleaning crews make every effort to have the rental house cleaned and ready for your reservation. However, due to unforeseen circumstances (filthy unit, horrific traffic, injury to a worker, etc.), the cleaners may be delayed in completing your rental house, which would require a delay in your check-in. If this should happen, please leave all of your items in one area and call the office at 302-227-1800.
12) PETS/SMOKING: Pets are not allowed in your rental property unless noted within this contract. A non-refundable pet fee is required on all pet-friendly properties. The pet fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to bring the pet. Smoking is prohibited in our rental properties; please smoke in designated areas. Any violation of this policy is grounds for immediate eviction, forfeiture of all monies, and be responsible for additional cleaning/exterminator fees. Note that a few communities are non-smoking communities. Please check with RE/MAX Realty Group for clarification if this is a concern.
13) SECURITY DEPOSIT PLANS: Some rental properties require a refundable security deposit and/or a damage insurance policy through CSA Global. In most cases, you have an option between the two, and some rental properties require both.
a) Vacation Rental Damage Protection: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management before check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. During your stay, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions; the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Specific terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy here:[ www.csatravelprotection.com/certpolicy.do?product=g-20vrd]. The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to and including at check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request Customized Services Administrators, Inc. d/b/a Generali Global Assistance & Insurance Services to pay directly RE/MAX Realty Group, Inc. any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact RE/MAX Realty Group, Inc. directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment.
b) If you opted for the refundable security deposit, 100% of that amount will be collected with your final payment. The security deposit will be released to you, less the cost of any damages, no later than 30 days after check-out. A check will be mailed to your address on file. Note that if you cause damage above the security deposit, you will be responsible for the amount, and you authorize RE/MAX Realty to charge the credit card on file.
14) TRAVEL INSURANCE: Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for the loss of prepaid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage are available for events such as a sickness or injury of yourself, a family member, a traveling companion, flight delays due to adverse weather, interruptions of road service, terrorist acts, and mandatory evacuations. The plan also includes other valuable coverages such as Medical and Dental, Baggage, Emergency Assistance, and Transportation in Addition to useful services such as identity theft, concierge, and 24/7/365 emergency assistance. We strongly recommend that you purchase this valuable protection. Additional terms and conditions apply; please read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact Generali Global Assistance at 866-999-4018 with coverage questions. If you choose to opt-in for travel insurance, you have a 10-day period from the date of purchase in which you may cancel the insurance plan and get a full refund of the plan cost, as long as you have not left on your trip or filed a claim.
A description of Coverage/Insurance Policy can be viewed here: www.csatravelprotection.com/certpolicy.do?product=G-330CSA
15) CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your reservation, we require written notification and "Cancellation Agreement-Re-Rent Agreement" signed. Travel insurance is encouraged. If you decline travel insurance and you need to cancel for any reason, (a) the property must be re-booked for the same week at the same rate to return your money. Once re-booked, your monies will be refunded less a 20% fee of the room rent. If the rental property is not re-booked, you are responsible for the entire balance of your reservation. All payments made will be forfeited. In all cases, travel insurance and credit card fees are not refundable. (b) If the homeowner allows you out of the contract, a cancellation fee of 20% will be applied. Acts of God: RE/MAX Realty Group and the homeowner shall not be liable for events beyond their control that may interfere with guests' occupancy, including but not limited to acts of God, government mandates, fires, strikes, war, inclement weather, etc. This is a non-refundable contract, and no rebates or refunds will be offered except for what is outlined above. Trip Insurance is encouraged.
16) RESERVATIONS FOR FOLLOWING SEASON: If you want to re-book the same week in the same unit for the following year, please do so during your stay or at check out. While we try to prioritize returning guests in re-booking the same week, all rental requests are accepted on a "first-come, first-serve" basis, and it is in your best interest to secure this time slot as early as possible.
18) ACCESS: The Guest shall allow access to the property for the purpose of repair and inspection without notice. This will only be exercised for extreme circumstances (violation of rental house or community rules/urgent maintenance matters).
17) WAIVER OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION: There are risks associated with using special amenities/property features, including but not limited to hot tubs, pools, staircases, decks, and patios. Be aware that there are potential dangers to some guests who may have health risks or who may be under the influence of controlled substances. Children must be supervised at all times while in the pool/hot tub. Please consult with your physician if you are elderly or pregnant before entering a hot tub. As the Leaseholder, you agree to indemnify the homeowner and RE/MAX Realty Group for any injury or illness which may have resulted from the use of the amenities and special features the rental house may offer, and you as the Leaseholder are obligated to explain the risks to your guests residing in the rental property. Children must be supervised at all times, and the gate must be locked at all times. Guests shall use the pool and Jacuzzi at their own risk. By signing this Rental Contract, the Guest acknowledges that the owner would not rent the property unless the Guest accepted this condition.
18) POOL PASSES/PARKING PASSES/CLUBHOUSE/TENNIS PASSES: Each property is equipped with different amenities, and most of these amenities require passes. If any of the passes are stolen or lost, you will be responsible for the replacement cost. CITY PARKING PERMITS are not guaranteed. Due to guests taking them by mistake, we do not guarantee this amenity.
19)PRIVATE POOL: Rental properties with private pools, check the premises listing on www.rentrb.com for pool availability dates and fees for heated pools, if applicable. The heated pool option must be requested in writing before your arrival date. Heating the pool is not available in July and August.
19) BEACH REPLENISHMENT/CONSTRUCTION: RE/MAX Realty Group, Rental Agent, and Homeowner will not be held responsible, and no refunds will be given for any inconvenience or disturbances due to beach replenishment or community construction.
20) GRILLS: If your rental property provides a grill, you are responsible for filling the propane tank if empty and keeping it clean. The homeowner will fill the tank and clean the grill in the spring, but guests are responsible for maintaining the grill if they want to use it.
20) SALES: If you want information on purchasing a home in Delaware, please let us know, and we will be happy to assist you.